[ubuntu-us-nc] IRC etiquette

John Ghormley ghormley.j at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:46:30 GMT 2010

Moss,

Thanks for expressing this and requesting the resources.  Like you, I was in
on the first part of the meeting, but felt completely overwhelmed by the
jargon I didn't know and the abject pointlessness of my presence in that
meeting.  Now, to be totally honest, I did have an on-line class I had to
attend at 8pm, so I had to leave a bit before then for that reason.
However, my desire to be  involved with the Ubuntu groups is meeting with
less than a warming welcome, so I appreciate knowing there is someone else
what may have similar feelings.  Frankly, I think my knowledge and ability
to contribute may be totally eclipsed by the current and knowledgeable
membership.  But, like you again, maybe a bit more reading can salvage it
all for me.

Thanks,

John Ghormley
Walkertown, NC
(Gee, I wish I could come up with a clever IRC nick)