[ubuntu-us-nc] Can anybody confirm these bugs in gnome-power-manager?

Sascha Güthling guethling at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 00:21:24 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Dewey Hylton <plug at hyltown.com> wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Sascha Güthling wrote:
>
> I filed two bug reports and would highly appreciate if someone could
> confirm.
>
> 1) gnome-power-manager doesn't detect my battery after waking up from
> suspend. This causes all kind of trouble and inconvenience.
> See bug report here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/472347
>
> 2) gnome-power-manager doesn't trigger the expected action on critical
> battery level. This seems to be an older problem but still annoying and
> dangerous for my data.
> See bug report here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/baltix/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/135548
>

> i'd love to confirm, but my display never wakes up from suspend. this has
> been the case over the last 4 releases, so i don't expect a change in the
> future.
>
> --

If you can switch to a command line you can still send a bug report for your
display problem. "apport-cli -f -p <package name>" would be the command you
need to start a new bug on launchpad. "apport-collect <bugnumber> if you
find your bug on launchpad and want to add to it.

And what about the second one, does your laptop shut down when the battery
level becomes critical?

Cheers,
Sascha

Sent from Raleigh, NC, United States