[ubuntu-us-nc] Installfest discussion

markthecarp markthecarp at gmail.com
Sun May 24 20:04:05 BST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a great idea.  I would suggest, however, that you might also
> look into partnering with local groups for individual events.  In the
> triangle area, TriLUG used to hold Installfests regularly, but haven't
> for a while.  Also the NC State LUG has held installfests too.
> The main problem we found in TriLUG was actually finding a location
> for the installfest.  We actually managed to trip a main circuit
> breaker at Wake Tech at one of our installfests once!  But, if
> you can find a good place and publicize it well enough, this
> can work very well.
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner Lovelace

PLUG used to have regular installfests as well. I got started at one
in '99. That group lost it's installfest location when Intrex moved.
The store was only using about a third of it's space so there was
plenty of room and plenty of parts if any where needed.

I think location is crucial and possibly the most difficult.

-mark