[ubuntu-us-nc] IRC Meeting GBJ Planning

Brad Crittenden bac at canonical.com
Wed Feb 4 21:58:13 GMT 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 15:21 , James Dasher wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Brad Crittenden <bac at canonical.com>
> wrote:
> Please let me know if the group wants to meet in Carrboro and I'll
> reserve the space.  One benefit of scheduling at CCC is that we'll get
> publicity by being on his calendar.  Brian is well connected and does
> a good job of publicizing events.  Free advertising!  Plus a lot of
> Drupal, RoR, and Erlang people hang out there who might be interested
> in working with us.
>
> Brad - CCC would be great.  I'd drive the 45+ minutes from Raleigh.
> (Heck, I'm thinking of inviting my wife to the board game meetup.
> She LOVES Settlers of Catan...)
>
> But we can't afford to pay.  How much of a problem is that?

No problem at all.  If I didn't state it in my original email let me
do so now:  the space at CCC can be made available to use for a Ubuntu
Bug Jam for no cost.  I checked with the owner just now and he
confirmed his willingness to host us.  Also, the game night is without
charge too, so feel free to come over for that if you're so inclined.

I have not reserved the space as I want the group to decide if this is
the venue they want to use.

> I look forward to the bug jam and will be available to do a quick
> presentation on using Launchpad and Bazaar if there is interest (I am
> a developer on Launchpad).  Otherwise I can just be on-hand to answer
> questions as they come up.
>
> There is definitely interest.  We were planning to do a run-through
> this Saturday so that people can get their feet wet with the
> process.  Would you be available the day of the Global BugJam?  Or
> were you referring to this Saturday?

I was referring to the Bug Jam.  Unfortunately I'll be out of town
this Saturday.  I wish I could come to the event this Saturday because
I've never done a Bug Jam either!

Best,

Brad