[ubuntu-us-nc] this is probably bad...

Moss Bliss zaivalananda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:05:48 GMT 2009

Have you tried running disk setup in Windoze?  Might fix it...

I have a 250 Gb hard drive that refuses to format to 250 Gb.  I accidentally
had the jumper on the 32Gb limit, and it formatted perfectly... to 32 Gb.
Changing the jumper at first allowed me to format the other... 8 Gb, giving
me a 40 Gb disk.  When I tried deleting that setup and formatting it, ever
since it says it's a 2 Tb(!!!!) disk, goes all the way through formatting it
at that level, and then reports "Format failed".  Nice paperweight.

Moss

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Nathaniel Bounds <n8bounds at gmail.com>wrote:

> At least I can still mount it R/O... Anyone want a 2 lbs paperweight
> shaped like a 3.5" Hard Disk??
>
> http://n8.thruhere.net/tmp/crap.png

ज़ैवलानन्ड
President of Asheville Homeless Network - http://ashevillehomeless.org