[ubuntu-us-nc] System>Administration Apps not working <<noob

Chris Fezzler fezzler at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 07:36:31 GMT 2007

One of my personal/hobby goals of 2007 was to learn
Linux.  After much research, I determined that Ubuntu
would be my best bet.  I bought an $80 computer at the
Goodwill in Charlotte and installed Ubuntu.  WOW. And
it has been a great year for learning new things.

I recently upgraded to 7.10 and everything went fine.
However, I'm having a spot of trouble in that I can no
longer use System>Administration tools.

I do have sudo admin rights and I am the adm and admin
in /etc/group.

I'm lost for a solution.

Fez