[ubuntu-us-mo] Marketing Ubuntu in your area

Matthew Copple mcopple at kcopensource.org
Mon Sep 3 19:23:16 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 03:26 -0500, Kent Seaton wrote:

> I would like to offer the current line of LiveCDs.  Ubuntu, Kubuntu,
> Xubuntu, and Edubuntu.  The maximum number of discs would be as
> follows:

Sounds like a great idea. We would need to get the CDs through ShipIt,
unless we have someone on the list who knows how to silkscreen CDs. I
don't see a retailer wanting to donate counter space to homebrew CDs. We
need to make certain we can get enough CDs at the right time; nothing is
worse than an empty box sitting on a retailer's shelf, unused.

You will probably want to contact the ship-it folks and find out how
many CDs they could provide us, on what kind of timeline. That way, we
know how many retailers we can carry.

Matt