[ubuntu-us-mo] Artwork

Kent Seaton spr0k3t at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:47:52 BST 2007

The application I used was Inkscape (it's in the repos if you want to
install it).  A very powerful Scalable Vector Graphics application that's
FOSS.  You can even get the application for Windows and I think Mac binaries
as well.  It's worth getting to know how to use it, it took me like three
days or so to figure it out.  I use Inkscape along side GIMP as I miss the
standard vector structure tools without the bezeir curves.

Personal opinion... I kind of like the 1st of the two really... it doesn't
wash out the Ubuntu logo as much and you can clearly make out both the logo
and the state outline without much trouble.  As far as freedom, it's not
easy to find it these days... perhaps Friday afternoon... but I have to
check my schedule to be sure.  Neverhteless, the Studio disc is ready.
--
Kent Seaton