[ubuntu-us-mn] *Saturday* Jeremy White from Codewevers @Penguins Unbound Meeting March 26th

tpkyteroo luebeck tp.game.s at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 23:48:58 UTC 2011

I would have LOVED to have been at this one. :D However, I have a
walk-a-thon for Food Allergies tomorrow. And, Codeweavers doesn't work on my
Mac, as its pre-intel chip. ;)

I was curious on Harry Potter games on Wine and on Codeweavers. Oh well.
Next time.
Have fun at the meeting all! I hope to get to the April one if all goes
well. My sister will be out of school and not in crunch mode.
bye!

On 24 March 2011 22:51, Brian Dolan-Goecke <briandg at goecke-dolan.com> wrote:

> This months PenguinsUnbound.com meeting will be
> Saturday March 26th at TIES,
> at 1667 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108
> from 10:00am to 12:00pm
> (See the web site http://www.penguinsunbound.com for directions and more
> info.)
>
> At this months Penguins Unbound Meeting, March 26th, Jeremy White from
> Codeweavers will come talk about Wine and Linux.
>
> If you are not familiar with Jeremy White you have probably heard of the
> products his company makes, Crossover and Crossover Games. Products that
> enable you to run Windows software on your Linux and Mac computers!
> You can check out his company at http://www.codeweavers.com
>
> If you need to see a picture of him, or know his favorite color,
> http://www.codeweavers.com/about/people/jwhite
>

> I will also plan on having at least 30 minutes for questions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hope to see you there.
>
> ==>brian.
>
> *** STREAMING ***
> If you can't make it you can use this url to stream the meeting.
> mms://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800
>
> I was able to connect to this stream with mplayer on Ubuntu 10.04, here
> is the command I used:
> mplayer mms://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800
>
> I have heard that this url,
> http://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800
> works with VLC. (Thanks Neal!)

TPKyteroo jaunting off to the Galactic Trig...

http://www.allergicvegetarian.com (Recipes for those with all sorts of
different Food Allergies. Not all recipes will be suitable for Vegetarians,
but many will be.)
http://www.tpgames.net (The Tomorrow People Themed)
http://www.tpgames.net/gaming/lotr/2/game.html (Lord of the Rings Themed)
http://betterhealthylivingforlife.blogspot.com<http://allergicvegetarian.blogspot.com>