[ubuntu-us-mn] unity & multiple monitors

jason reynolds jeruvin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:57:17 UTC 2011

I finally got it setup at work and even though it doesn't seem to like
double clicking it is great. Two computers and three monitors total comprise
my little unity experiment.

I mainly use one of the two boxes with the second running a scheduled task
that still needs checked on.

Jason Reynolds

On Jun 13, 2011, at 11:39 PM, Anthony Hook <anthony.hook3 at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Shaun Jones <mister.s.jones at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all
>
>  The title pretty much says it all has anyone been using Unity on multiple
> monitors? I know for sure when we find a house and I get my office back I am
> gonna
> be running at least 2 monitors but I am thinking of going back to having 4
> again, so was wondering if anyone had it up and going and how well it
> handles the multiple
> monitor setup, thanks.
>
> --
> Mr Jones

Mr. Jones (and me, look into the future)...I can't help but say your name
and start to sing the song.

I've cc'd Ubuntu Minnesota because I thought it may be useful to
someone/people there as well.

I have run it on 2 monitors (Unity on 11.04) with an Intel graphics card.
 Unity did run nicely(and speedily):

   - I had 2 separate top panels (one on each monitor) with the Launcher on
   the leftmost monitor.
   - Workspaces group both monitors together when you switch between the
   four by default, I'm not sure if you can change this or not (I didn't look
   into it).
   - When I clicked on the Dash, it would open only on the leftmost monitor.
   - The top tray was duplicated on both monitors, however my main monitor
   (again, on the left) had the "Lock Screen, Log out, Shutdown, Restart, etc)
   menu, which was lacking on the right monitor.

That's call I can remember offhand, I hope this helps,

--
- Anthony Hook

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: