[ubuntu-us-mn] * Tomorrow * Nagios presented by Ethan Galstad at Penguins Unbound

Brian Dolan-Goecke briandg at Goecke-Dolan.com
Fri Sep 24 21:34:10 BST 2010

This months PenguinsUnbound.com meeting will be
Saturday September 25th at TIES,
1667 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108
from 10:00am to 12:00pm
(See the web site http://www.penguinsunbound.com for directions and more
info.)

Nagios presented by Ethan Galstad

At this month's Penguins Unbound Meeting Ethan Galstad, founder and
President of Nagion Enterprises, will talk about network, system, and
application monitoring using Nagios.   The talk will cover how to
implement a monitoring solution, the benefits that Nagios provides, and
how to extend Nagios's capabilities with hundreds of community addons.
Ethan will provide a demo of Nagios Core, Nagios XI, and Nagios Fusion
and will be handing out free Nagios t-shirts and demo DVDs.

Hope to see you there.

*** STREAMING ***

If you can't make it you can use this url to stream the meeting.

mms://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800

I was able to connect to this stream with mplayer on Ubuntu 10.04, here
is the command I used:

mplayer mms://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800

I have heard that VLC should work, but I couldn't get it to work.

We will also be recording the meeting also and should have it available
after the meeting.

==>brian.