[ubuntu-us-mn] ** Saturday ** Install Fest !!!

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 18:11:29 BST 2010

There are lots of ways that you can do this!

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem

A few ways above you can back up your things using TAR, throw it on an
external drive *just in case,* you can also use a few tools in the
repositories.  Another thing that I've become fond of is having my
/home on a separate partition, that way I can make sure the installer
doesn't touch /home and just replaces the actual operating part.

I'd love to attend, but I'll be up in Superior for the event.  I'd
join the #ubuntu-us-mn channel on Freenode, or maybe a stream would be
fun too.

Thanks, and good luck!

-Anthony Hook