[ubuntu-us-mn] ** Saturday ** Install Fest !!!

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Fri Oct 29 14:33:09 BST 2010

I failed to get a satisfactory installation of Ubuntu 10.04
for a variety of reasons.  I'll probably be at the PGLNX installfest
tomorrow.  But a couple questions first.

I expect I'll try again to get 10.04 installed due to it's long term
support (LTS) since I dont like to install every version.
(I customize a lot and dont have it very automated.)
Any one care to offer reasons to install 10.10 instead of 10.04
other than simply it's the latest?

Also anyone care to offer an opinion about the
Gnome versus Unity UI controversy?  My current hardware probably
does not support Unity anyway but I'm curious what people are thinking.
See:
http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/102610-is-unity-the-right-interface.html

I vaguely remember a meeting a while back there was a presentation
during which there was discussion about changes to the Ubuntu desktop
but I could not figure out from the Web site what meeting that was.
Maybe May 29th, 2010 Tony Yarusso, Ubuntu LoCo Team Leader talking
about Ubuntu 10.04?

Anyone remember that presentation and how it relates to Unity?

Fred