[ubuntu-us-mn] Hackerspaces

Fred H Olson fholson at cohousing.org
Sun Nov 21 15:10:19 GMT 2010

Public Radio just had a segment on "Hackerspaces" which are group work
spaces for building things ...

The local affiliate which has a workspace in the Seward Neighborhood
of Mols has a web page: http://www.tcmaker.org that says:

 Twin Cities Maker (TC Maker) is a community group based in the
 Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Our mission is to make, share, and learn.

 We have opened a maker space for members to build projects using
 various media and technologies, from wood and metal working to
 electronics to fabrics and beyond.

Their calendar listed an Ubuntu Installfest and a presentation
(similar to the one at PGLNX yesterday?)

Tue, December 14, 6:30pm - 9:00pm
WhereHack Factory Classroom (map)

Asterisk is an open-source VOIP server-client system. Meetings are
held the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 6:30-9:00 PM, generally at
the Hack Factory in Minneapolis (3119 E. 26th Street). The group' s
website is http://www.tcaug.net/.

Given that overlap in iterest, is the an overlap in people involved
in TC Maker and PGLNX ?  Might we get them to give a presenation
about  TC Maker at PGLNX some time?

Fred