[ubuntu-us-mn] Announcing Ubuntu Open Week

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 05:15:15 BST 2009

As some of you may know, the upcoming release of Ubuntu 9.10 also
means another installment of Open Week, the week-long series of online
presentations given by various members of the Ubuntu community.  These
can be an opportunity to learn more about the community and how it
works, pick up a new skill, and meet new people.  For a description of
how to participate and a list of topics to be presented, check out
Jono Bacon's blog at
http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/10/13/next-ubuntu-open-week-announced/

Meanwhile, this is also an opportunity for everyone to get acquainted
with IRC as a medium for discussion in general.  Did you know that
there is a channel for this team specifically, where a handful of us
already hang out regularly and chat about event planning, open source
usage in the state, and share technical help?  It's located in
#ubuntu-us-mn on the Freenode IRC network, and if you don't know what
that means or how to use it yet, there is a super-simple web client
you can use by visiting
http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=help[..]&channels=ubuntu-us-mn&prompt=1
- then we can help you from there (just be patient, someone might not
answer immediately until we get more people in there).  For more
information on IRC with Ubuntu
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat is an excellent
resource.

I look forward to seeing you all in the team channel any time, and in
the classroom come November!

Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/