[ubuntu-us-mn] Sound not working till reboot.

Colin Harrington colin.harrington at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 14:57:06 BST 2009

Fred,

I've had something very similar to this happen with 8.10 too.  I noticed
that it typically had to do with using a combination of  Amarok and the
Flash player (within the browser).

When I did some research on the problem, I found sources in the Ubuntu
Forums mentioning that it was likely due to the pulseaudio (which was
released with 8.04) and that some programs have not been updated to use
pulse audio (Amarok?)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio

I've been happy with audio in 9.04, but then again I switched to songbird.

Happy Trails,

Colin Harrington
Harrington Consulting, Inc
colin.harrington at gmail.com