[ubuntu-us-mn] Sound not working till reboot.

Brian Dolan-Goecke BrianDG at Goecke-Dolan.com
Tue Jun 2 19:38:26 BST 2009

I had problems with pulse audio, the audio ... multiplexer ( ?that is
not the correct term.. ) used on ubuntu.

I had a lot of problems with my home computer at home, I would only be
able to play one video and then the sound would stop working.  When I
searched around I found quite a few people unhappy with pulse audio.  I
agree with their conclusion that pulse audio was not quite ready for
prime time.  I have had problems on the computers I use at work with
pulse audio also.

So far in Ubuntu in 9.04 is has worked better on my computers at work.

If you like, here is a link to remove pulse audio (this is what I did at
home removed pulse audio and used esd.)

This was the link I used, but it doesn't seem to be working now ?
http://ubuntuswitch.blogspot.com/2008/07/how-to-removeuninstall-pulse-audio.html

Good Luck.

==>brian.