[ubuntu-us-mn] Sound not working till reboot.

Brian Jenkins jenkinbr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:42:10 BST 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Fred H Olson <fholson at cohousing.org> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 8.10 on my computer and today I could not figure out why I
> was getting no sound from a video.  I checked the usual things, tried
> other sources of audio and could not figure out what the problem was.
> I know I'd had sound last night.  Lately I've been using hibernate
> overnight rather than shutdown overnight.
>
> When I finally shut down and rebooted sound came back.
>
> Any ideas what was wrong and what could have fixed the problem without
> rebooting?
>
> Fred

I've been having similar problems since just after installing Jaunty,
except sound doesn't work at all :( I've combed Ubuntu Forums for
help, and have had no luck at all.  I've heard that this may be due to
issues with the NVIDIA graphics drivers, but I can't confirm that just
yet...

--Brian Jenkins