[ubuntu-us-mn] Ubuntu users in Twin Cities

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:32:58 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Larry Lamb<larryl at arisystems.com> wrote:
> I just joined the mail list.  I have used Ubuntu Desktop since 5.04 and
> use the current 9.04 64-bit server for some video applications.  I have
> a couple of questions for the greater Twin Cities Ubuntu Linux Community.
>
> 1) Is there ever a meeting of Ubuntu Desktop Users - Admins - Developers
> - Tech. Support in the Twin Cities?  (Not the TC/LUG -- Ubuntu specific.)

Yes, whenever someone organizes one.  How about you?  ;)

> 2) Is there a local web directory of the same?

https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-minnesota/+members has everyone,
and https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-minnesota/+map shows their
location within the state.

> If there is a regularly scheduled meeting-- when?  If not, is anyone
> interested in meeting in the St. Paul area in August?

There isn't anything only of the Ubuntu group regularly, but there is
a LoCo/LUG crossover meetup monthly organized through Penguins
Unbound.  I'd love to see people organizing things regularly - I just
need other people to take the reins and make it happen since I don't
have time personally at the moment.  If available I would attend,
although that's rather hit and miss.

> As an independent computer consultant, I am looking for more Ubuntu
> people like me and others working in the IT field using Ubuntu at some
> level-- work or home.

If not in person, you can also find a small handful of us chilling in
#ubuntu-us-mn on Freenode (IRC), and of course the larger Ubuntuverse
in other channels there as well.

> Thanks.
>
> Larry Lamb

Tony Yarusso