[ubuntu-us-mn] OT: micro-soldering?

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:25:02 BST 2008

Howdy!

I posted this to TCLUG a couple days back, but they're in the middle of
Flamewar Armageddon over there, so I thought I'd try it here.

I've got a problem with my iAudio X5, one of the solder joints that holds the
headphone jack to the board came loose, so now my left channel comes and goes.
Super-irritating. I've got the thing apart here, but I don't have a soldering
iron to reattach it with. So if anyone (preferably but not necessarily in
south mpls/midtown) has a soldering iron with a decently small tip on it and
would be willing to put a new solder bead on this thing, I'll come to wherever
you're at and bring a six-pack of your beverage of choice as recompense. Beats
hell out of sending it to California and paying $40.

Barring that, anyone know if superglue conducts?

TIA-
pete daniels