[ubuntu-us-mn] Wiping Laptop. Recommended Config for Sale?

J Wynia j at wynia.org
Mon Jun 23 01:15:55 BST 2008

I've got a laptop that's been used for the last year by the exchange student
staying with us. He left last week and I'm planning on selling it.

It's been running Ubuntu for the last 2 years, and I'd like to wipe it and
reinstall Ubuntu before the sale and sell it to someone who actually wants
an Ubuntu laptop.

Any recommendations for how I should set it up so that the new owner can
just jump in?

The previous versions of Ubuntu's alternate discs that I had included an OEM
install option that seems ideally suited to this situation. However, my
Hardy Heron alternate doesn't include it.

Am I missing something or is it no longer on that disc?

--
J Wynia
Software Consultant, Writer and Geek
j at wynia.org
"The glass isn't half full or half empty. It's just too big"
http://wynia.org