[ubuntu-us-mn] Best Buy

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 07:50:11 BST 2008

So, as some of you may have heard, apparently Best Buy has decided to
give selling Ubuntu a shot, both online and in their retail stores.
See the listing at
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8888563&type=product&tab=1&id=1211587312374#productdetail
for details.  Since this is something we had considered approaching
them about earlier (but now have been saved the trouble of), I would
like to suggest that we write a letter to Best Buy's corporate offices
as a team congratulating them on their foray into the Open Source
world.  Would some people like to volunteer for the task of drafting
something of that sort together?  You can put it up on our wiki -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MinnesotaTeam/LocalStores/BestBuy is just
waiting to be created!

Hooray for another step into the mainstream!

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/