[ubuntu-us-mi] ubuntu-us-mi expired from team

Wolfger wolfger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:27:54 UTC 2015

I'm a little sad, but since I'm also uninvolved in Ubuntu lately... it is
what it is. My current participation amounts to cheerleading from the
sidelines.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Craig Maloney <craig at decafbad.net> wrote:

> * Robert James Clay (jame at rocasa.us) wrote:
> > On Monday, November 30, 2015 12:17:41 AM you wrote:
> > > Hello RJ Clay,
> > >
> > > The membership of Ubuntu-Michigan (ubuntu-us-mi) in the Verified LoCo
> > > Teams (locoteams-verified) team has expired.
> > > <https://launchpad.net/~locoteams-verified>
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > The Launchpad team
> >
> >    What exactly does that mean?
>
> For the day-to-day running of the team? Not much.
>
> The team went from verified status to unverified status. From a tangible
> perspective it means no more optical media and conference packs until we
> get back to a verified state (which doesn't mean much as most folks
> don't use optical media to install Ubuntu any more, and we haven't had a
> presence at a conference save Penguicon for a while now).
>
> From a participation status it means we're in line with our current
> level of participation, which is not a whole lot.
>
> Not that becoming unverified is not a punishment or anything like that;
> it's just a flag for teams that are maintaining a level of
> participation. We haven't maintained that level so the verification
> ended.
>
> It's not hard to regain verified status, but this is more in-line with
> where we're at.
>
> Hope this answers the question but if not please feel free to email me
> and we can discuss further.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>   Craig Maloney  (craig at decafbad.net)        http://decafbad.net
>     "Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big,
>      wear glasses if you need 'em." -- The Webb Wilder Credo

Wolfger

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/