[ubuntu-us-mi] 12.10 Release Party

Craig Maloney craig at decafbad.net
Tue Oct 16 00:41:44 UTC 2012

Hey all,

It's time to decide on where we will be having the release party. Here
are my personal top three options that we're heard thus far:

1) Royal Oak Brewery: My personal favorite, as it's just down the street
from where I live. Has the space for us, and reservations are as easy as
a phone call 24 hours in advance. They have wifi, but not sure about
plugs. They have a decent selection of real food as well as beers on
tap. Parking can be had relatively close if you park in the Farmer's
Market lot.

2) Black Lotus: This one is in Clawson. Parking is relatively close if
you park behind the establishment, but it's a little smaller than ROyal
Oak Brewery. It has the advantage of being next to the Drive-in, which
is a virtual driving range. Food is good, and they have wifi.

3) Fort Street Brewery: Located in Lincoln Park, they look like they
have a decent menu
(http://www.fortstreetbeer.com/linked/fsb_2012_web_menu.pdf) and wifi.
Several of the downriver folks are familiar with this location, and it
seemed quite popular.

So, those are my top three location picks. I'd like to have something
decided and ready to go by Wednesday, so I'd like a sense of where folks
would like to go for the release party. Please respond with which
location you'd prefer, and we'll get something set up.

Also thinking Saturday would work best, but if someone can make a
compelling argument for Sunday (maybe during the day) that could be a
possibility.

Thanks!