[ubuntu-us-mi] Re-approval Application: Your assistance, please

Craig Maloney craig at decafbad.net
Sat Sep 17 16:55:20 UTC 2011

Hello, Everyone,

As you may know, the Michigan Loco is up for re-approval. This process
tells the community that we're still active, and still viable. Part of
that process is the re-approval application, which gets filled out every
time we're up for re-approval.

The last time we were approved was in 2007. Since then lots of things
have changed, and we need your help to show the awesome things that the
Ubuntu Michigan Loco has done.

The re-approval application is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/ReApprovalApplication2011

If you would, please review the Ubuntu Michigan Loco application for any
areas that you can help elaborate. For example:

  * If you've been active with AskUbuntu, please add a link to your profile.
  * If you're active in the forums, please add a link to your profile
  * If you have a blog post describing an event (Global Jam, Release
Party, or something related to the Ubuntu Michigan Loco) please add it
to the appropriate sub-section. It would also be helpful if you would
add it to the team reports, located here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichiganTeam/TeamReports/

Also, we'll be adding ourselves to the Loco Councils agenda likely in
October (that's when the loco is up for re-approval). We'll need some
folks to come to the meeting (which is held on IRC) and show support.

Please feel free to respond on list if you have any questions about the
process, or if you're not sure what to put in the application or team
reports.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer with this. We've been
fortunate to be an active loco, and I'm sure we can convince the Loco
Council that we're still active, vibrant and vigorous.