[ubuntu-us-mi] Natty Narwhal wireless issue

Scott Moser smoser at brickies.net
Fri May 13 06:36:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Matt Arnold wrote:

> After I upgraded to Natty Narwhal, the wireless card no longer works
> in my Dell Inspiron E1505. That is to say, when I click the drop-down
> menu that would show networks, they are no longer shown.
>
> First I tried this solution:
> http://www.amilo-forum.com/topic,3582,-Ubuntu-11-04-Natty-Narwhal-wireless-on-LI1718-how-to.html
>
> Then I tried "sudo modprobe b44" based on a recommendation here:
>
> Still nothing. Any thoughts?

Googling showed [1] . And that links to [2].

If you have access to the network (wired), please run :
 ubuntu-bug /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r)

and follow the prompts. If this device worked for you in 10.10 "out of the
box", then please mark the bug as "Regression Release".

Feel free to subscribe me (smoser) if you like.  It won't really help
much, but I can poke some people.

[1] http://askubuntu.com/questions/39508/how-do-you-solve-the-problem-of-a-laptops-inability-to-detect-wireless-networks
[2] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx