[ubuntu-us-mi] Greetings

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Thu Mar 31 12:40:13 UTC 2011

<quoting name="David Murphy" date="2011-03-30" time="22:50:55 -0400">

> Hi folks, I just discovered the LoCo group while poking around for info
> on Natty.

Glad you found us!

> I think I'm going to try to make it to the Global Jam event this
> weekend.

Great!

> The only piece of portable hardware I have is a netbook... hopefully
> it'll be up to the task.

I bet it will, and plus, testing on various hardware types is a great
idea. Do you have a USB stick that you can put an installation of Ubuntu
on, it will require the stick to be reformatted (ie: you'll lose any data
on it)?

> I've been using Ubuntu for about 4 years now.
> Though I'm far from a guru, I'd consider myself a "savvy casual" or
> intermediate Linux user, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute
> something!

Everyone has something to contribute at a Global Jam, seriously. And, the
Jam is also about teaching, so be prepared to learn a little bit (it'll
be fun, I promise!).

> If there's anything else I should be aware of, or any helpful
> pre-reading before the event, please let me know. Thanks!

See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJamBootcamp
The "Do's and Don'ts of bug triaging" and "All about those live isos" are
two IRC sessions that go over some information that will be useful for
our Jam. This isn't required reading, but if you have time, see what you
can glean from it.

Welcome to the group and see you on Sunday!

Greg

--
|       Greg Grossmeier |
| http://grossmeier.net |