[ubuntu-us-mi] New to the list

Aaron VanSledright avansledright at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 21:10:37 BST 2010

the best way i found to upgrade is to backup your home folder to an
alternate location or do a setup with root /home and /swap all on separate
partitions. and then just do a full install. By saving your home directory
you keep all of your settings for all your programs

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Bruce Graham <bgraham at wadia.com> wrote:

> I've been using Ubuntu for about 10 months.  Shortly after firing up the
> machine which came with 9.04 I tried to upgrade to 9.10 and broke the
> sound card.  Now that 10.10 is out I'd like to try the upgrade again but
> I want to try and do it in a reversible way in case the problem with the
> sound card is still not fixed.  Alternatively since I am a software
> developer, maybe with a little help I could find an fix the problem
> myself.  Any takers?
>
> Bruce

Aaron VanSledright
Manager - Chicago Typewriter