[ubuntu-us-mi] Bug when typing into fields in Ubuntu

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:42:36 GMT 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Matt Arnold <matt.mattarn at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's it. The touchpad has been broken for as long as I've owned this
> laptop. The left button intermittently presses itself. I always
> disable the touchpad under Windows XP, but forgot to do so under
> Linux! Thanks for showing this panel to me.

Glad to hear that's all it was.  Or hope that's all it was and nothing
more serious.

> Interestingly, "Disable touchpad while typing" was already checked.
> Now I have also un-checked "Enable mouse-clicks with touchpad". What a
> great feature! Unfortunately my touchpad is still enabled when I'm not
> typing. I hope it won't create any more issues.

Would be nice if instead of on/off it was scaled with a delay.    For
example, the  touchpad should remain disabled until X seconds after
the last key press, where X is some scalable variable, perhaps between
0.05 and 2 seconds.

I can dream, can't I?  Dream of the day when someone implements it.
Dream of the day when I have enough time to do it myself.

> P.S. I shouldn't have said "bug", I should have said "issue" like you did.

No worries.  "bug", "issue", "feature", "case", etc.  In the end, it's
all the same.  There's either a fix or a workaround, or resignation
... with a cup of hot coffee.

Regards,
- Robert