[ubuntu-us-mi] all windows start minimized with UNR Lucid

Clay Ashby kingpoiuy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:34:24 BST 2010

do the monitor sizes match for both machines? Or could it be trying to go to
a secondary monitor?

On Jul 9, 2010 12:17 AM, "Robert Citek" <robert.citek at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I have an older Dell which does not have a CD ROM nor does it boot
from USB.  So I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix (Lucid) on another
machine, configured, and tested the install, and then swapped hard
drives.  I can boot and log in without issue.  However, whenever I
start an application, the window appears for about 1 second before it
minimizes to an icon in the upper panel.  If I right-click on the icon
and choose unminimize, the window appears again for 1 second before
minimizing.  If I right-click unmaximize and then unminimize, the
unmaximized window appears for 1 second and is then minimized.  This
happens for every application I've tried, including logging out, which
disappears after about 1 second.

It's as though some setting were set to be "minimize on open" instead
of "maximize on open."  I've looked through gconf and couldn't find
anything obvious to change.  The logs don't show anything unusual,
either.  I also googled various terms with minimize, but nothing
relevant.

Anyone seen anything like this?  Any suggestions of things to try?

Regards,
- Robert

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: