[ubuntu-us-mi] Penguicon Participation

Bradley McMahon bradmcmahon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:24:15 GMT 2010

I am trying to promote having more simple but interesting class for people
who are less technically skilled. Many of the classes last of years before
sound uninteresting or intimidating, regardless of content. I think if we
want to pull new people's interest we'll have to have classes that address
means of using linux to enhance your everyday life and are titled as such.
Examples follow.

Share and backup pictures with Gallery,
Serve music and videos across the net and in your home,
build a firewall from scratch,
Kitchen tech: recipe computer and database,
Build your own website,
Life without Anti-virius, bloat-ware, expensive software, keeping up with
the Jones',... in other words intro to the Linux Desktop.
Windows first aid with Linux.
Learn networks with Linux. <- more intermediate
Cheaper phone bills with Asterisk

-Brad