[ubuntu-us-mi] Penguicon Participation

Kevin B. O'Brien nadreck at palain.com
Mon Jan 4 18:01:16 GMT 2010

Craig Maloney wrote:
> Evening, everyone!
>
> At our last IRC meeting (which as a few minutes ago) and the topic of
> what to do as a loco at Penguicon was broached. Some of the ideas that
> were put forth were:
>
>   * Ubuntu Bug Triage / Jam (this has been done in the past with great
> success)
>   * Ubuntu Packaging Jam
>   * Room Party of some form (could include some of the above)
>    * Also could include an "ask the expert" portion.
>
> These are just a sample of the proposed ideas. I'm sure there are more
> out there that haven't been covered. What would you like to see the loco
> do at Penguicon
Rats, I forgot to update my calendar for 2010 dates and missed the
discussion. What I am thinking about (as I always do) is the newcomers.
I think there are people at Penguicon who are mostly SF fans and who may
not be using Linux yet. Does anyone else share this perception? If so,
maybe we could do some outreach. Ubuntu Q&A, help with using Ubuntu for
newcomers, stuff like that.

Regards,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com      Linux User #333216

"Banners suck. Free banners suck for free." -- Linda Cox, J.A.M.G.