[ubuntu-us-mi] Left mouse button not working in Ubuntu

Matt Arnold matt.mattarn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:46:03 GMT 2010

I dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows XP. When I boot up Ubuntu, my left
mouse button doesn't work at all. Under Windows, the whole mouse works
fine. It is a Logitech wireless optical mouse. The computer is a Dell
Inspiron E1505 laptop. I disabled the trackpad in both Windows and
Ubuntu, because the left trackpad button constantly misfires. Can
anyone tell me a fix that doesn't involve the left mouse button? I
don't know any keyboard shortcuts to get into a terminal.

-Matt