[ubuntu-us-mi] Not automounting and autodisplaying USB drives

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:43:32 BST 2010

I don't want drives (filesystems) to automount when I plug them in.
So on every new Ubuntu 10.04 system I type this in a terminal:

$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount --type=bool false
$ gconftool-2 --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount_open
--type=bool false

Or I do the equivalent via gconf-editor.  Since these modify Nautilus
preferences is there a way to do this via Nautilus, too?  I didn't see
anything obvious.

Regards,
- Robert