[ubuntu-us-mi] failed boot and Ubuntu cheatcodes?

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:41:00 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I boot into some kind of sub-rescue mode in order to recover
> from an error in my /etc/fstab?
> Knoppix has some pretty cool cheatcodes that pause the boot process at
> different stages[1] so that you can fix things before moving on.  Does
> Ubuntu have anything like that?

Just got done going through some Google hits and came across this one:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions#Initrd%20break%20points

Not as nice as the Knoppix cheatcodes, for example, you can't step
through the different stages as in Knoppix, but will work in a pinch:

The one that helped me was break=bottom.

Regards,
- Robert