[ubuntu-us-mi] Ubuntu on Asus eeepc 1005HAB

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 16:27:44 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM, gib at juno.com <gib at juno.com> wrote:
>> I been following a bug for sifi in Lucid.  Which version of Lucid did you use? I just wonder if they fixed the bug.
>
> Good question.  I think it was the one from last Saturday.  But now
> that you mention it, I may have done an update since then and created
> a new bootable USB.  How can I tell?

At this point it doesn't matter as I updated the ISO just an hour or
so ago.  Lucid still works great.  Even did a system test and uploaded
it to launchpad.  Using it to write this post.

However, I am curious to know how to tell what release I'm using from
within the release.  Tried these command, but they do not seem
helpful:

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	10.04
Codename:	lucid

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ uname -va
Linux ubuntu 2.6.32-19-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Wed Mar 31 17:46:20 UTC
2010 i686 GNU/Linux

ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ head /etc/issue*
==> /etc/issue <==
Ubuntu lucid (development branch) \n \l