[ubuntu-us-mi] NBR in a VM? (was:: install hangs Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix)

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:48:34 BST 2009

Was able to turn the NBR image into a virtual image using this VBox command:

$ VBoxManage convertfromraw -format VDI \
  ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.img \
  ubuntu-9.04-netbook-remix-i386.vdi

I then created a VBox VM with a blank 3 GB hard drive, attached the
NBR image, and started it up.  Worked great.  Interesting feature is
that when I did the "Check disc for defects" I again got the message
about one file has an error.  See attached screenshot.

Next step is to upgrade the install, convert the virtual disk to a raw
image, clone the image on the SD card, and boot up the eeePC using the
SD card.

Regards,
- Robert