[ubuntu-us-mi] Mirror information for Ubuntu 9.10

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 07:52:46 GMT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> For the actual CD images:
>
> Wayne State: http://ftp.wayne.edu/linux_distributions/ubuntu/
> Michigan Tech: http://lug.mtu.edu/ubuntu-releases/
>
> and of course, bittorrent, which for most people will be the quickest
> way to get the ISOs without hammering the mirrors for people who can't
> use bittorrent.

I haven't used Bittorrent in a while.  In the past, I would fire up a
screen session, give one of the bittorrent clients a list of URLs (or
a folder with .torrent files), and then disconnect form the screen
session, letting the BT client download all the ISOs at the same time.
 I don't recall the exact name of the client, but it was something
like btlaunchmany or btheadless.

Any recommendations on how to download multiple ISOs using a
bittorrent client that can be run in a screen session?

Regards,
- Robert