[ubuntu-us-mi] running Ubuntu on Windows from USB stick

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:47:19 GMT 2009

I think the advantage of the livelinuxusb stick is that you can run
any Linux distro on it (not just DSL) and that it uses VirtualBox
(instead of qemu).

I'm curious to know how livlinuxusb stick compares to DSL using qemu.
With VirtualBox, I get near-native performance.  In contrast, I've
found qemu to be quite slow, an experience which seems to be
consistent with other users:

http://damnsmalllinux.org/usb-qemu.html

"One note: running DSL inside Qemu will be slow in comparison to using
a CD or direct USB boot."

Regards,
- Robert