[ubuntu-us-mi] remote support

Chelsey Twigg darth.indy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:43:45 BST 2009

I haven't ever used it, but I found this article:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/kubuntu/enable-remote-desktop-vnc-on-kubuntu/

I'm usually a GNOME person m'self, so I've not had any experience with any
KDE differences. I am, however, free tech support to all family and friends
that use Ubuntu, and most of them live out-of-state

Also, for smaller problems that you know can be solved by a command or two,
if you're able to IM with her, it's really easy to just have her copy/paste
the commands and run them. Once you get them past the initial fear of the
command line, it makes things so much easier than remote desktop, or "OK,
click here... Then there..." I've been putting together a bash script,
actually, for friends to run on new installs, to install Medibuntu, updates,
and favorite tools.

Hope that helps!

P.S. I've been lurking on the list for a few months but never chipped in. So
hi everyone!