[ubuntu-us-mi] KLUG Hosting Bug Jam WAS:Bug Jam 2009 locations

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 30 17:58:06 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Mark <mark.klug at ccagent.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>   Kalamazoo Linux Users Group would like to host a Bug Jam session.  We
> have everything we need EXCEPT a Tutor.  We can organize the planning,
> advertising, space, power, internet, projectors, some computers (if
> needed), hosts, on-site admins and FOOD.  Talking to the local
> programmers and students, we anticipate between 40 and 60 attendees.
> However, no one here has ever worked on a Bug Jam before.  Nor are any
> of us done Bug Triaging.

As it happens I am doing an IRC tutorial tonight at 7pm on how to run
a bug jam. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GlobalBugJam
I am also doing another session on Feb 14th at 7pm as well. Please add
your team to that list if you plan to have one.

> Would someone  like to volunteer to come over and help us?  Reading the
> suggested planning, (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RunningBugJam), the tutor
> appears to be essential to a successful Bug Jam.  So, this is the break
> for us. We can provide food and lodging for a night.  Our two possible
> dates are Sat Feb 21 and Sun Feb 22.  Sunday is slightly better for us
> but not a deal breaker in the least.

I can look to see if I can jet over, maybe 2 of us from this side of
the state can come over to help? I'll have to check my schedule.

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com