[ubuntu-us-mi] KLUG Hosting Bug Jam WAS:Bug Jam 2009 locations

Mark mark.klug at ccagent.com
Wed Jan 28 01:36:30 GMT 2009

Greetings all,
   Kalamazoo Linux Users Group would like to host a Bug Jam session.  We
have everything we need EXCEPT a Tutor.  We can organize the planning,
advertising, space, power, internet, projectors, some computers (if
needed), hosts, on-site admins and FOOD.  Talking to the local
programmers and students, we anticipate between 40 and 60 attendees.
However, no one here has ever worked on a Bug Jam before.  Nor are any
of us done Bug Triaging.

Would someone  like to volunteer to come over and help us?  Reading the
suggested planning, (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RunningBugJam), the tutor
appears to be essential to a successful Bug Jam.  So, this is the break
for us. We can provide food and lodging for a night.  Our two possible
dates are Sat Feb 21 and Sun Feb 22.  Sunday is slightly better for us
but not a deal breaker in the least.

If we can get someone to help us, we will run on.  If not, then not.  We
are making the go/no-go decision at our monthly board meeting on Feb 4.

Thank you, in advance,
Mark Jones
2009 Vice Chair
Kalamazoo Linux User's Group.