[ubuntu-us-mi] Bug Jam 2009 locations

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:34:10 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Rick Harding <rharding at mitechie.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Jan 2009, Mark wrote:
>
>> What all is needed to host the bug jam?
>>
>> Also, while I appreciate the idea of getting everyone together in ONE
>> place for collaboration, could we have East, West and UP sites?  If so,
>> I think I can convince KLUG and the Geek Group to host the event.  We
>> are blessed with a very large usable space (an old industrial building)
>> and a decent internet connection.  We also have a ton of computing
>> resources although most of it is unallocated and currently powered off.
>>
>> Mark Jones
>> 2008 KLUG Chairman
>> www.kalamazoolinux.org
>>

> I love the idea of multiple jams if we can swing it. If some west siders
> and people up north can organize just let us know if there's anything we
> can do to help. We can make sure the blog announcements and such include
> each location in the details.
>
> As for locations for those of us in my area, I think it might be nice to
> try to get the Farmington Hills library room we use for MUG. It's huge,
> prjector, etc. There's a rental fee, but I think we can raise that. I
> think it's $60 for 3 hours or something like that. The only problem is
> you need a farmington hills resident to reserve the room.
>
> Rick

I wasn't at the Macomb Library for the last one so I'm asking those of
you who were: how does it compare to the Farmington Library for such
an event?  I'm pretty sure we could come up with the cash to reserve
it if it is a lot better.

And, regarding the creation of other locations (west side, UP): GO FOR
IT!  That'd be great if we could get a couple more jams going on the
same day/time.  To reiterate what Rick said; let the mailing list know
if there is anything you need to get the event off the ground (blog
posts on planet.ubuntu.com, liveCDs, etc).

Best,

Greg