[ubuntu-us-mi] Ubuntu Small Business Server CPU split

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 00:50:04 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Mark <mark.klug at ccagent.com> wrote:
> Do you think a small company, say 3-50 people can put it's file shares,
> LDAP, database, internal webserver, AND secure email server all on one
> machine?  Oh... and I'd really like upgrade that "basic" email server to
> a groupware solution to compete against Exchange.

3-50 is quite a large range.  If you are unsure what the needs are
then use virtualization.  Throw it all on one system and if it's too
slow then move some of the VMs to another host.  Essentially by
abstracting the hardware with VMs you can expand dynamically without
reinstallation or significant reconfiguration.