[ubuntu-us-mi] wtf?!

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:49:43 BST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Wolfger <wolfger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a semi-related note... there's a lot of Microsoft bashers out
> there. Hell, I'm often one of them. But wouldn't it be better if we
> took a page from their book: embrace and extend? I think one of
> Ubuntu's most powerful weapons is Wubi, letting people install Ubuntu
> right there inside the Windows OS.

I've tried promoting the same with some of the the Detroit-area LUGs
when they are planning outreach and promotional activities.  I usually
lose to the ones who want to invite the public in for a burning of M$
staff in effigy.  Being stubbornly against something scares off
moderates who could be converted.  I don't have a problem with fixing
Windows systems and installing FF, OOo, and Gimp along with a demo of
Linux but when proposed they start whinging about "liabilities" and
the like.