[ubuntu-us-mi] Booting Ubuntu

Flavio daCosta flav at binaryservice.com
Fri Jun 6 19:58:49 BST 2008

On 06/06/2008 01:54 PM, Robert Citek wrote:
> Would it be fair then to say the first three parts in 'man boot' are
> mostly unchanged?

yes

> I'm guessing then that the third part needs to be modified to say
> upstart instead of /sbin/init.  If so, where is upstart?

Wherever you want it, but in Ubuntu /sbin/init is upstart.

Spend some time to go through the site, there are some decent docs on
there.  (A while back some of the examples didn't work as advertised but
 I think it's stabilized now.)  Also some nice explanations/examples in
the authors blog: http://www.netsplit.com/