[ubuntu-us-mi] Let's get ready to rumble!

Jay R. Wren jrwren at xmtp.net
Tue Feb 12 13:10:37 GMT 2008

it won't happen in the US, but in EU Nokia /IS/ the cell phone maker.
Nokia phones are like ipods here in the us. They are the type of phone
that everyone has. I knew some guys from Norway and they laughed at our
cell phone choices here. When they talked about phones they talked
strictly in Nokia models as if other brands did not exist. Kind of like
one might refer to ipods as simply "shuffle, mini, nano, or classic".

Couple that market presence with the fact that many EU peoples number 1
way onto the internet is via their phone and Nokia's assertion doesn't
sound so absurd. I won't be selling my stock. I won't be buying more
either ;p