[ubuntu-us-mi] Purchase T-Shirt Local Ann Arbor

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 00:07:51 GMT 2008

Rick Harding wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, gib at juno.com wrote:
>
>> Pardon my ignorance.  I just joined. Why can't you just have some printed and send a donation up-stream?
>
> The logo and name are trademarks. According to their trademark policy,
> t-shirts and marketing material are specifically noted as requiring a
> trademark license.
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
>
> Rick

Which basically just means that you would need to clear it with
Canonical before you print them since you will be exchanging them for
money.  If we were just printing some t-shirts with the Ubuntu logo on
them and giving them away at parties that would be ok (under the
Community Advocacy section).

And, something like this would probably be ok'd by Canonical (I *think*)
if we sell them at cost.  Who wants to create a quick design and send it
to trademarks at ubuntu.com ?  However, I could also so Canonical just
saying to order them from the Ubuntu Shop.  But then again, if your
design is really good, you never know.

greg