[ubuntu-us-mi] Request for Disks

Greg Grossmeier greg.grossmeier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:54:52 BST 2008

Robert Citek wrote:
> At OSCON this year, one of the presenters (Jono?) made the point that
> LoCo's were inteded to be state-wide and not city-specific nor even
> region-specific.  I forget the rationale, but I do remember that
> comment.  Despite the best-intentions, you can still find city and
> region-specific LoCo's on the LoCo pages.

Yeah.  Except for a small number of exceptions (Chicago, Dallas/Ft.
Worth) the state-wide teams are recommended.  The reason is that you can
then leverage the resources of everyone interested in the state for big
projects (like overwhelming Penguicon with Ubuntu people, for example).

Also, there is no reason we can't have regional face-to-face meetings
due to driving considerations where there is sufficient interest.  Marc
and I actually had this discussion a while ago.  We should just stay
under the same umbrella of the Michigan LoCo.  They wouldn't be separate
city teams, just separate meeting places.

Just my rambling thoughts on the topic.

state-wide team good, any sort of fragmentation bad.

Greg