[ubuntu-us-mi] Request for Disks

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 23:38:53 BST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Wolfger <wolfger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Marc Zuverink <mzuverink at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greg, I have not been too active in the LOCO by attending meeting and
>> such, but have been doing a lot of install festivals and advocate at
>> all times. I have never made a big deal out of with the LOCO and maybe
>> I should taken pictures and all that to show West Side Rep.
>
> Yes, yes, YES! Please do let us all know what is happening in your area. We
> are the Michigan LoCo, not the AnnArbor/Detroit LoCo. Not only does it help
> the group to justify our status as an official LoCo, but there's other
> west-siders who may not know what's going on over there because all the talk
> here is by the east-siders. Represent!

At OSCON this year, one of the presenters (Jono?) made the point that
LoCo's were inteded to be state-wide and not city-specific nor even
region-specific.  I forget the rationale, but I do remember that
comment.  Despite the best-intentions, you can still find city and
region-specific LoCo's on the LoCo pages.

Regards,
- Robert